Bristol, Charlton Road
We’re on the hunt for a Maintenance Manager to join our growing factory in Bristol. You will report to the Operations Manager and lead a team of 4 to deliver improved equipment and asset performance on site whilst ensuring you develop and lead the team. You will find a team who are capable and seeking leadership and further defined work processes.
As Maintenance manager you will be responsible for the maintenance strategy, planning, resourcing and managing of all engineering work to assets and fabric on site. This will include management of breakdowns.
You will be systematic, and process driven to create structured work processes, both externally and internally, to create a high performing department and move towards reliability centred maintenance whilst building on all aspects of compliance (H&S, Food Safety etc.). However, you will still have the skills to assist the team with maintenance and repairs as and when required.
You will need to be proactive with strong bias for action, commercially astute, able to prioritise and communicate, and have oodles of energy to bring to the role. It is essential that you have experience in a high speed / volume food manufacturing environment.
- Team Leadership
- Team of 4 (3 engineers, 1 facilities engineer)
- Development of the team through regular coaching, mentoring and training
- Prioritises team workload
- Working within the Company Values
- Ensuring the team are compliant with the Company Handbook and all procedures
- Leading the team towards lean methodologies, particularly root cause analysis and 5S
- Managing employees effectively and addressing any issues that arise in a professional manner by ensuring legislative compliance and best practice at all times- seek advice from HR when necessary
- Managing the roster to ensure adequate cover in the department at all times
- Reviewing the performance of engineering staff- setting objectives for their training and development, providing support and creating opportunities for their training and development, providing feedback and evaluating the effectiveness and performance improvement
- Maximising equipment and asset performance to ensure production plans are adhered to
- Shifting site towards reliability centred maintenance
- Auditing maintenance work carried out
- Improvement of site fabric to maintain BRC AA status
- Systems and Finance
- Developing PPM processes and a critical spares strategy
- Budget control
- Recording, reporting and accountability for all maintenance and breakdown costs
- Purchasing and stores duties
- Liaising with accounts and suppliers / contractors for invoice approval
- Setting up external service and inspection contracts
- Advocate of Health and Safety, Food Safety and Legal compliance to ensure these are at the heart of the department
- Ensuring all departmental staff are capable of undertaking the jobs at hand, in a safe and capable manner, and in compliance with all company rules and regulations
- Ensuring all buildings, plant and machinery are maintained to the highest possible standard and comply with regulations
- Identifying training needs for new and existing employees
- Maintaining H&S and hygiene standards in accordance with Company rules and regulations
- Compliant with PUWER and RAMS
- Familiar with HACCP
- Ensuring all visitors and contractors are compliant with Company rules, regulations and permits
- Environmental Duties Highlighting any possible environmental issues and support the issues with solutions based on fact
From Pieminister’s humble beginnings, selling pies at music festivals and market stalls, we have now grown to over 16 restaurants and have ambitious expansion plans to roll out more restaurants up and down the country.
Pieminister is a multi-channel business developing pies (and other products) for Pieminister’s restaurants, cafes, brand licenses (which include pubs and leisure venues) and independent retailers, delis and supermarkets. Pieminister also host pie and mash weddings, cater for corporate events and feed festival goers in the summer.
Pieminister is still a family owned business and has 150 pie experts making over 6 million pies a year and up to 95,000 pies a week in Bristol during peak times. Pieminister is the UK’s only national pie company to use 100% free range British meat. And the provenance of ingredients is a key part of what Pieminister stand for.
Pieminister also has a strong commitment to animal welfare and redistributing waste through our Little Acts of Pieness initiative (where we give people frozen pies to raise money for charity). We have also been recognised as one of the 1,000 businesses to inspire Britain, won awards for most of our pies and are hailed in the press as the saviour of the British pie.
The working environment at Pieminister is fast paced, varied, high-energy and we have lots fun along the way. We don’t wear suits, but we are serious about business and our ambition to be the UK’s most loved pie brand.
- Engineering Level 4 qualification, or equivalent
- Hands on engineering experience (good technical knowledge)
- Experience of working with manufacturing machinery and on building fabric
- Strong all round communicator
- Structured and systematic
- Able to plan and prioritise others workloads
- Developed PPM structure and Critical Spares strategy
- Highly organised, driven and enthusiastic
- 3 years+ engineering management experience
- Experience of Food Manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Lean and Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Project management experience
- Automation experience
- Performance based bonus’ and company bonus
- 40 hour contract
- Flexibility of working hours may be required to support critical or urgent cases
- Clear path for remuneration increases
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Pie Day Friday – lunch on us every week
- Staff discount on pies and meals
- Chance to get involved with all of our charitable activity
- Continuous training and development to grow within the world of pie
- And… a Pieminister tea towel and free Pie Feast vouchers to try out the restaurant menu
Closing Date 27th March 2020
If you think this is for you and want to join us on our exciting journey then please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the reference: Maintenance Manager