Festival Operations Manager
We’re looking for a Festival Operations Manager to manage the festival season at Pieminister.
What better way to spend a summer as part of our legendary Festival Crew! You will work hard, play harder, sleep (… a bit) and repeat. And to top it all off you will get paid to do so. We are looking for someone who is commercially astute, creative, ambitious, computer literate, enterprising and has oodles of energy to bring to the role.
You’ll be responsible for organising the logistics, staff, finance and administration of around 8-10 festivals throughout the summer season. The ideal candidate will have event experience both planning and executing on site and a couple of years of industry experience too.
This role is based in Bristol city centre, but you will be required to sometimes attend festival sites and our factory in Bristol near Cribbs Causeway.
Key areas of responsibility
- Input on product innovation for festivals
- Analysing which festivals to attend in 2020 and beyond
Monitoring & Performance
- Monitor on site financial performance and take action where required to boost sales & cut costs
- Discuss performance of the festivals with the festival manager and implement improvements as necessary
- Monitor sales and stock levels at the festival and organise replenishment if required
- Creating and finalising the budget alongside Head of Events and Head of Finance
- Tracking festival performance throughout the season and implementing gap closing & maximising profits
- Monthly financial report alongside Head of Events during the season
- Recruit a festival manager(s) and festival team
- Oversee the training of festival crew & design rotas for the team
- Implement KPI targets for onsite staff and monitor their performance
- Work alongside the Festival Manager and the Head of Events to come up with both pre-festival and onsite promotions
- Create ways we can increase visitors to the stand and sales
- Competitor analysis
- Make applications for festivals we wish to attend
- Create and organise all paperwork/information packs for event team & festival organisers
- Reconcile all festivals & create a post festival report with the Head of Events
- 1-2 years’ Event Management experience
- Experience in managing a team of 5 or more, doing rotas etc.
- Experience in planning and executing events
- Hospitality experience of 3 or more years
- Solid computer skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Strong all round communicator – highly organised, ambitious, enthusiastic, and driven.
- Valid UK Driving license
- Experience in analysing financial information
- Management degree
- Budget management experience
- Some social media and marketing experience
- Educated to degree level – 2:2
- Background of good supplier relationships and negotiating skills
- Owner of a vehicle
- Experience in planning & operational running of a festival stand
- £12 per hour salary
- Start date approx. April
- Flexible 0 hours contract (expected close to full time hours during the festival season)
- Weekend & some evening work will apply
- Performance based bonus’ and company bonus
- Clear path for remuneration increases
- Pie Day Friday – lunch on us every week
- Staff discount on pies and meals
- Chance to get involved with all of our charitable activity
- Invite to the annual pie awards, parties and picnic
- Continuous training and development to grow within the world of pie
- And… a Pieminister tea towel and free Pie Feast vouchers to try out the restaurant menu
From Pieminister’s humble beginnings, selling pies at music festivals and market stalls, we have now grown to over 16 restaurants and have ambitious expansion plans to roll out more restaurants up and down the country.
Pieminister is a multi-channel business developing pies (and other products) for Pieminister’s restaurants, cafes, brand licenses (which include pubs and leisure venues) and independent retailers, delis and supermarkets. Pieminister also host pie and mash weddings, cater for corporate events and feed festival goers in the summer.
Pieminister is still a family owned business and has 150 pie experts making over 6 million pies a year and up to 95,000 pies a week in Bristol during peak times. Pieminister is the UK’s only national pie company to use 100% free range British meat. And the provenance of ingredients is a key part of what Pieminister stand for.
Pieminister also has a strong commitment to animal welfare and redistributing waste through our Little Acts of Pieness initiative (where we give people frozen pies to raise money for charity). We have also been recognised as one of the 1,000 businesses to inspire Britain, won awards for most of our pies and are hailed in the press as the saviour of the British pie.
The working environment at Pieminister is fast paced, varied, high-energy and we have lots fun along the way. We don’t wear suits, but we are serious about business and our ambition to be the UK’s most loved pie brand.
The closing date for this application is 22nd February 2020. We will contact all candidates after the cut off date.