At Festival Location
We’re recruiting for a festival manager to join our dynamic, fun and fast paced team. This role will be responsible for managing the onsite team to ensure that we deliver high quality food for Pieminister at festivals across the country. The festival season runs from July– September 2020 with some on the job training days beforehand, and opportunities to pick up some shifts at other Pieminister events. Employees will be expected to commit to all festivals that Pieminister have signed up to.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for seasonal work and who enjoys working in the fast paced and challenging environment of the festival world.
This role is based in Bristol city centre, but you will be required to sometimes attend festival sites and our factory in Bristol near Cribbs Causeway.
So if you have heaps of energy, kitchen experience, a great team worker with a high level of customer service, then we want to hear from you.
- A good team leader
- Catering manager experience of 2+ years
- Experience of working events and festivals
- Great customer service skills
- Highly organised
- Stock control experience
- Cashing up experience
- Ability to train staff on site
- Flexible working attitude
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and driven
- Good at using initiative
- Proof of efficiency in keeping costs down and maximising profits
- Full UK driving license
- Experience at working at high attendance events
- Experience working for a similar brand
- Health and hygiene certified minimum level 2
- Salary – £10.00 per hour off site, £12.00 per hour on site
- The chance to work at several festivals throughout the season
- Festival season runs from July-September 2020. With some on the job training days beforehand, and opportunities to pick up some shifts at other Pieminister events
- 0 hour flexible contract. Must be available for all booked festivals
- Staff discount on pies and meals
- Invite to the annual parties and picnic
- Continuous training and development to grow within the world of pie
- And… a Pieminister tea towel and free Pie Feast vouchers to try out the restaurant menu.
So, if you have heaps of energy, have a high level of customer service and enjoy working in a variety of exciting environments, then we want to hear from you. To apply for the role, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and completed Pie Application Form with the reference: Festival Manager.
From Pieminister’s humble beginnings, selling pies at music festivals and market stalls, we have now grown to over 16 restaurants and have ambitious expansion plans to roll out more restaurants up and down the country.
Pieminister is a multi-channel business developing pies (and other products) for Pieminister’s restaurants, cafes, brand licenses (which include pubs and leisure venues) and independent retailers, delis and supermarkets. Pieminister also host pie and mash weddings, cater for corporate events and feed festival goers in the summer.
Pieminister is still a family owned business and has 150 pie experts making over 6 million pies a year and up to 95,000 pies a week in Bristol during peak times. Pieminister is the UK’s only national pie company to use 100% free range British meat. And the provenance of ingredients is a key part of what Pieminister stand for.
Pieminister also has a strong commitment to animal welfare and redistributing waste through our Little Acts of Pieness initiative (where we give people frozen pies to raise money for charity). We have also been recognised as one of the 1,000 businesses to inspire Britain, won awards for all our pies and are hailed in the press as the saviour of the British pie.
The working environment at Pieminister is fast paced, varied, high-energy and we have lots fun along the way. We don’t wear suits, but we are serious about business and our ambition to be the UK’s most loved pie brand.