General Manager Exeter
Role: General Manager
Salary: £29,775 / Year (Plus Bonus)
Role Type: Full Time
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience
Location: Pieminister Exeter (4 Station Crescent, Queen Street, Exeter, EX4 3SB)
From a small pie kitchen, café and festival stall in 2004, Pieminister has grown into the UK’s No 1 premium hot pie brand. An independent family business with its foundations firmly rooted in sustainability, Pieminister is well on its way to becoming a B-Corp and aims to be carbon neutral by 2025: just one of the commitments laid out in the company’s goals.
With a growing number of Pie & Mash restaurants opening across the UK and 100s of retailers and pubs stocking our award winning products, Pieminister has gained a reputation as the go-to pie for those in the know.
Like many businesses, the pandemic has presented some significant challenges for Pieminister to overcome. However, tireless efforts on COVID-security and re-shaping the business to thrive in the future means that the company is financially fit and ready to leap towards significant growth once more.
The company is led by its original founders, brothers-in-law Jon and Tris. Their Pie Crew is a strong team of enthusiastic, entrepreneurial people who work hard and have fun. Everyone is included, respected and is committed to drive positive change together, one pie at a time!
About the role
Reporting to the Area Manager you will be involved in all aspects of front and back of house operations for your restaurant. Your key duties will include the following:
- Responsible for HR management, including return to work interviews, annual appraisals and authorising holidays
- Hiring new colleagues, ensuring they are trained to Pieminister’s standards
- To lead by example, coach, mentor and motivate your team to deliver outstanding guest hospitality
- Effectively manage staffing levels
- Maintaining operational standards with regular audits, stock takes and checks to ensure Pieminister’s standards are maintained
- Responsibility for Food Safety and Health and Safety documentation, ensuring the business stays compliant at all times
- Ensuring compliance with all Company policies and procedures
- Proactively develop and train your team to be the best at what they do
We are looking for someone with lots of energy and enthusiasm, someone with good people skills who can lead by example and be a role model to fellow employees. You will need to be passionate about hospitality and experienced in management, a team player with great communication skills and have the ability to thrive under pressure. Ideally you MUST have experience working in a similar environment and an ambition to develop and grow as an individual.
We offer a fast-paced, fun and professional working environment which has recently been recognised as one of the 1,000 businesses to inspire Britain, won ‘Great Taste’ awards for all our pies and have been hailed by the press as the saviour of the British pie!
- Quarterly bonus of up to 15% of your salary
- Plan for the future with company pension contributions
- 29 days holiday, plus 1 day extra per year you work with us (up to 4 years)
- 40 hour week
- Flexible shift patterns
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- A tour of our Pie Factory based in Bristol
- Holiday buy back scheme
- Merit based pay progression
- 1 paid volunteering day a year
- All the pies you could eat at cost price
- One-to-one online coaching with More Happi
- Up to £500 worth of pie and mash for the wedding of your dreams
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sabbatical options
- Staff discount meals in our restaurants and lunch on us every week (Pieday Friday!)
- Continuous training and development to grow within the world of pie
- And… a Pieminister tea towel, free Pie Feast vouchers to try out the restaurant menu and a box of 12 of our award-winning pies when you start!
If this sounds like you, and you would like to work with like-minded people, then please apply here: