For Terms and Conditions of restaurant bookings, promotions or competitions, click here
Pieminister Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and understand that you need to know exactly what we are doing with your data – after all, it’s yours, not ours.
This version was last updated on 15 May 2018.
Here’s everything you need to know
- Who we are in the data collection process
- What personal data is being collected from you?
- How your personal data is collected
- How we use your personal data
- Who will your data be shared with?
- How do we keep your data secure?
- How long do we keep your data for?
- What happens if you don’t want us to hold your data anymore?
- Your legal rights
- What we may need from you
- Who we are in the data collection process
1. Who we are in the data collection process
Pieminister Limited is the “data controller” and is responsible for your personal data. If you are at all concerned about the privacy of your data, please contact us using the details set out below.
Phone: 0117 942 3300
Postal Address: Pieminister Ltd, 24 Stokes Croft, Bristol, BS1 3PR.
2. What personal data is being collected from you?
When you sign up to be a VIPie (subscribe to our mailing lists) or enter a competition, we request personal data from you, such as your name, email, date of birth, location and postal address. This information allows us to understand a little more about you so that we can send you relevant news such as an offer or promotion in your nearest Pieminister.
When you place an order, request a catalogue or provide feedback using our website, we need to know your name and other information such as your postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and your credit card number and expiry date or bank account details etc. We gather this information to allow us to process your request.
The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to provide you with the service you have requested and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the service in general.
We may collect, store and transfer different types of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity data includes title, first name, last name, date of birth and gender
- Contact data includes a billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number
- Technical data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website
- Transaction data includes details about payments to and from you and other details or products and services you have purchased from us
- Financial data includes bank account and payment card details
- Profile data includes purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Usage data includes information about how you use our website, products, and services
- Marketing and communications data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communications preferences.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our service and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
Please be assured that we never share your data with third parties unless you give us permission to do so.
3. How your personal data is collected
There are lots of different ways we can collect data from you, such as:
You may give us your identity, contact and financial data by filling in data entry forms on our website, or by corresponding with us by phone, email, post or otherwise. This includes the personal data you provide when you:
- Join our VIPie Club (subscribe to our mailing list);
NB: We store opt-in subscriber information securely via Campaign Monitor services; email address, name and preferred location are required, all other information is optional.
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- purchase gift vouchers, VIPie tokens or other goods from our online shop or in one of our restaurants;
NB: We use e-commerce software WooCommerce to process sales in our online shop. This software is developed by WooThemes. The technology behind WooCommerce is designed to optimise the shopping experience and cookies are used to support this. Please see our Cookies Policy for more information.
4. make a booking at one of our restaurants or cafes;
NB: We provide online booking securely via ResDiary, using embedded booking widgets and systems operated by ResDiary. This helps us to manage bookings made at any of our Pieminister restaurants.
5. submit an application for a Little Acts of Pieness donation, or
6. give us feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
Please see out Cookies Policy for more information.
4. How we use your personal data
The below table outlines a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our interests are where appropriate.
|Type of data
|Lawful basis for processing including the basis of legitimate interest
|To register you as a new customer
|Performance of a contract with you
|To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(d) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
(e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)(c) Consent mechanisms (you have opted-in to receive marketing material when entering a competition).
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
(e) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)
We will only contact you with marketing material if you “opt-in” to receive our communications. Every time we send out marketing communications, we give users the opportunity to unsubscribe.
Promotions and offers
When we are running a promotion or offer, we may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you.
You will only receive marketing communications from us if you have “opted-in”.
We will always ask for your permission by a form of “opt-in” consent before we share your personal data with any company outside of Pieminister Ltd for marketing purposes.
You may ask us to stop sending you marketing communications at any time by using the “opt-out” links on any emails or marketing messages you are sent. You can also contact us at any time to have your data completely removed from our systems.
Where you opt out of receiving marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data you have provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. Who will your data be shared with?
We may need to share your personal data with the third parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above.
External third parties
- Service providers acting as processors based who provide digital advertising services and IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the United Kingdom who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance, and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Third parties who we collaborate with in relation to prize draws or promotions.
6. How do we keep your data secure?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We restrict access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors or other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only be able to process your personal data with our permission and instruction and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have in place, sufficient procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you at the earliest opportunity and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. How long do we keep your data for?
We only keep your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law, we are required to keep basic information about our customers, such as Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data, for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
8. What happens if you don’t want us to hold your data anymore?
You may at any time, request erasure of your personal data from our systems.
You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing where we have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law.
We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
9. Your legal rights
When it comes to your personal data, you have the following rights to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. You will not be required to pay a fee to access your personal data, or to exercise any of the other rights.
However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We are required to respond to all requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month to respond if your request is particularly complex or you have made repeated requests. In this case, we will notify you that we have received your request and keep you updated.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
10. What we may need from you
It is important that the data we hold about you is both current and accurate. Please inform us if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Unless specified to the contrary, the contents of this website and these pages are protected by copyright.
- The authors and creators of the material on the website assert their moral rights.
- The contents of this website (including text, design, and graphics) are trademarked and copyrighted materials of Pieminister Ltd.
- They may not be used, transmitted or reproduced unless in accordance with prior written instructions issued by Pieminister Ltd.
- No use, transmission or reproduction is permitted other than the following: Permission is given for the downloading and temporary storage of pages where indicated on such pages, for the sole purpose of individual viewing on a standalone PC or monitor.
- Such pages may be printed, but these may not be further reproduced, copied or transmitted in any way to those other than the initial individual user.
- You may not reproduce any other part of the website including, but not limited to, the structure, overall style, and program code.
- These conditions of use are governed by English law and any dispute connected with this site is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- All rights are reserved.
Pieminister Limited mobile application is owned and operated by Pieminister, who are the controller of all stored data.
PepperHQ Ltd operates as a processor of data for Pieminister Limited App.
Information we collect about you through Pieminister Limited App.
We collect information about you when you:
– register to use Pieminister Limited App;
– attempt to check in to our stores;
– register your debit or credit card details;
– upload a profile photo, and
– use the payments facility in Pieminister Limited App to pay for your purchase.
This information is collected, stored and processed under Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR, “processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract”
i.e. We need this data for you to be able to use the App for it's primary purposes.
Using your information
Collecting personal information in the Pieminister Limited App (name, email address, date of birth) helps us to better understand what you need from us.
We use your information to:
– improve the functionality and performance of Pieminister Limited App;
– personalize our services to you;
– tell you about important changes to Pieminister Limited App and related services, and
– manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
Your personal information is safe with us and will never be released to third party companies for marketing purposes.
Pieminister Limited App captures your geographic location when you attempt to “check in” to one of our stores. We do this to identify which store you are in or near to allow you to pay using Pieminister Limited App, and to provide an enhanced visitor experience (for example, through digital loyalty cards). We will only capture this information with your consent. Pieminister Limited App also captures basic usage metrics to help us identify any problems and to make improvements in the future. These metrics also help us understand how people use Pieminister Limited App and how many people use the different functions within Pieminister Limited App.
Your contact details and personal information may be used to send direct marketing messages to you via your contact details provided. This is done only with your explicit consent, which can be withdrawn at any time from the #MyAccount&# options within the app. You may refuse consent for marketing messages without detriment to any other areas of functionality within the app.
Information We Capture
We provide enhanced store visit experiences when you choose to pay using Pieminister Limited App. You may prevent Pieminister Limited App from accessing your device & location services, or turn off the location services of your Mobile Device. Doing so will impact the capability of Pieminister Limited App and prevent you from enjoying an enhanced experience.
-Data you share with us (Including information you give us when signing up, and information which is shared automatically, such as Device ID, and IP address)
We use this data to log you in to Pieminister Limited App and it helps us understand our customers better and present you with appropriate offers and promotions. Your data is stored in an encrypted database and transferred over a secure network connection. You decide which data you do and do not share with us. If you ask us to, we will update, correct or delete any data which you give to us.
-Your Card details
Your card details are not stored on Pieminister Limited App and they are only used in accordance with your payment instructions. Your card details are stored with our payment gateway partner – Square – who are a Level 1 certified PCI-DSS Service Provider. You have to use the payments facility within Pieminister Limited App to pay for your purchase through the app.
-Your profile photo
Your profile photo is used in store to verify your identity. If you ask us to, we will update, correct or delete your profile photo. However, you must have a profile photo if you wish to use Pieminister Limited App to pay for your purchases in-store.
-Your purchase history
We use your purchase history to provide personalized offers and analyse which products and rewards are most likely to interest you.
Data storage, protection and your right to access and erasure
Your data is stored in an encrypted database and transferred over secure network connections. We will store your information for as long as your account exists in Pieminister Limited App. If your user account is entirely inactive for a period of 12 months or more, we will delete your account. If you ask us to, or if you delete your account, we will delete the information linked to your account which can identify you personally, including your profile photo and personal details.
You may ask us, at any time, to provide to you confirmation that your data is being processed and access to your personal data. This will generally be provided within 7-21 working days.
Marketing and research
If you agree, we may contact you:
– with offers and information about Pieminister Limited products or services.
– for customer research, e.g. to help improve our service.
You can ask us to stop contacting you for marketing and/or research purposes by following the instructions in any such communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosing your information
We will never disclose your information to anyone outside of Pieminister except:
– Where we have your consent
– Where we are required or permitted to do so by law
– To any successors in title to our business.
If we ever transfer your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken.
Accessing your information
To obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, email us at email@example.com.
Please confirm any details to help us identify and locate your information. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we will amend them.
Changes to our policy
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of November 2019. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time.
If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pie Points Rewarding
We are unable to reward Pie Points on any past purchases. Diners will be able to earn Pie Points at the time of purchase only.
Terms & Conditions
Due to the increasing rise in ‘no-shows’, we are now choosing to take card details at the time of booking. Whilst no deposit will be taken, we will charge a no-show fee of £10 per person if your party fails to show up or cancels your table within 24 hours of your booking.
We want to take this time to thank you for your ongoing support. After the Covid-19 pandemic, we continue to work closely with our health & safety partners, adhere to the latest government guidance alongside welcoming your feedback to enable us to carry on delivering Good Times With Pies!
Pieminister Bottomless Brunch and Bottomless Festive Feast: Bottomless brunch or Festive Feast is time-limited to 2 hours, this commences at the time of your booking. You may order one Bottomless Brunch dish and choose from a range of drinks on the Bottomless Brunch menu. Your drink will be replaced once it has been finished. Price is per person and drinks cannot be shared. Drinking to excess will not be permitted and guests are required to drink responsibly at all times. See www.drinkaware.co.uk for further details. Management reserve the right to refuse serving alcohol to any participant at any time without notice. Alcohol served to over 18s only. Proof of ID may be required. Service times may vary by business and are subject to licensing restrictions.
If for any reason you need to cancel or amend your booking, please do so at least 24 hours prior to your booking. When booking via our website, we will take your credit card details. Whilst no deposit will be taken, we reserve the right to charge a no-show fee of £10 per person if your party fails to show up or cancels your table within 24 hours of your booking.
All items are subject to availability. Cannot be exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.
At Home VIPie £5 Voucher: Voucher valid for 30 days from sign-up. Voucher redeemable when spending £10 minimum in the Pieminister online shop. Members cannot sign up more than once. £5 off voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Pieminister App ‘Free Pie in January’: Qualifying customers must purchase a Pie Meal (min. value in Pieminister cafés: £8.50, min. value in Pieminister Restaurants: £11.50) between 26th-31st December 2023. Free Pie in January includes any single hot or cold pie, Classic, Filo or Gluten Free, and can be redeemed from 1st-31st January 2024. Sides, drinks or any additional menu items to be purchased separately. Free Pie in January cannot be redeemed as part of a Pie Meal. Only one per customer. Cannot be exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer. Eat in only, excludes orders placed through delivery partners. While stocks last. Please present app voucher at point of ordering.