THE FORAGER PIE KITA free range British chicken & wild mushroom pie kit
What you think
|Typical values||per 100g||per pie|
|of which saturates||4.6||11.7|
|of which sugar||4.1||10.4|
Chicken and wild mushroom pie filling
Water, free range British chicken thigh (28%), mushroom (17%), onion, whipping cream, white wine (4%), double cream, cornflour, garlic puree, rapeseed oil, salt, dried wild mushroom (0.4%), mushroom stock (mushroom powder, yeast extract (yeast extract, salt), salt, rapeseed oil, onion powder, leek powder, barley malt extract, ground black pepper, ground bay leaf), chicken flavour stock powder (maltodextrin, natural flavouring, yeast extract (yeast extract, salt), salt, sugar, dried onion), thyme, cracked black pepper.
Pie pastry mix
Wheat Flour (wheat, wheat gluten, calcium, niacin, iron, thiamine), vegetable suet (identity preserved sustainable palm oil*, wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium, iron, niacin, thiamine)), salt, raising agent (sodium bicarbonate).
Mixed herb glaze
Wheat protein, mixed herbs.
For allergens including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold. Also may contain traces of soya.
*Learn more about our certified sustainable, identity preserved palm oil, sourced from one of the world’s most sustainable deforestation-free producers, and our Pies, Planet, People sustainability goals at pieminister.co.uk/sustainability
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6, then empty the filling into your pie dish and set to one side.
2. Pour the pastry mix into a large bowl and mix with 3 tbsp of cold water. Use your hands to form a dough ball.
3. Use a rolling pin (or your hands) to flatten the pastry (approx 6 mm thick). Ensure your flattened pastry is large enough to cover your pie dish.
4. Place the pastry lid on top of your filled pie dish. With your hands or a fork, crimp the pastry onto the rim. If you have any spare pastry, get creative decorating your pie.
5. Mix 1 tbsp of cold water with the glaze & sprinkle mix. Spread mixture onto your pie using a brush or back of a spoon.
6. Make a couple of holes/slashes with a sharp knife in the pastry lid to allow the steam to escape while baking.
7. Bake in the middle of your oven for 20-30 minutes, until pastry is golden brown, and the centre of the pie is piping hot.
SERVE & ENJOY
For some top baking tips, pie dish advice & recipes, head here.