MOOLIN ROUGE PIE KITA slowly cooked British beef & free range bacon pie kit
What you think
|Typical values||per 100g||per pie|
|of which saturates||5.6||14.3|
|of which sugar||2.9||7.4|
British beef, bacon & red wine pie filling
British beef (31%), red wine (22%) (sulphur dioxide), onion, dry-cured bacon (9%) (free range pork belly, sea salt, sugar, smoke flavouring, preservative (potassium nitrate)), carrot, water, cornflour (sulphur dioxide), beef flavour stock powder (yeast extract (yeast extract, salt), salt, onion powder, leek powder, mushroom powder, caramelised sugar powder, flavouring, malted barley, ground black pepper, rapeseed oil, garlic powder, carrot powder, anti-caking agent (calcium silicate)), tomato paste, Worcester Sauce (water, spirit vinegar, sugar, onion, salt, tamarind extract, ginger, garlic, barley malt extract, clove), roasted garlic puree, sugar (sulphur dioxide), English mustard paste (water, mustard flour, salt, wheat flour (wheat, calcium, iron, niacin, thiamine), turmeric), thyme, barley malt extract (malted barley, water), rosemary, salt, green peppercorn (green peppers, water, salt, vinegar), cracked black pepper, ground bay leaf.
Pie pastry mix
Wheat Flour (wheat, wheat gluten, calcium, niacin, iron, thiamine), vegetable suet (identity preserved sustainable palm oil*, wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium, iron, niacin, thiamine)), salt, raising agent (sodium bicarbonate).
Black pepper glaze
Wheat protein, cracked black pepper.
For allergens including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold. Also may contain traces of soya.
*Learn more about our certified sustainable, identity preserved palm oil, sourced from one of the world’s most sustainable deforestation-free producers, and our Pies, Planet, People sustainability goals at pieminister.co.uk/sustainability
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6, then empty the filling into your pie dish and set to one side.
2. Pour the pastry mix into a large bowl and mix with 3 tbsp of cold water. Use your hands to form a dough ball.
3. Use a rolling pin (or your hands) to flatten the pastry (approx 6 mm thick). Ensure your flattened pastry is large enough to cover your pie dish.
4. Place the pastry lid on top of your filled pie dish. With your hands or a fork, crimp the pastry onto the rim. If you have any spare pastry, get creative decorating your pie.
5. Mix 1 tbsp of cold water with the glaze & sprinkle mix. Spread mixture onto your pie using a brush or back of a spoon.
6. Make a couple of holes/slashes with a sharp knife in the pastry lid to allow the steam to escape while baking.
7. Bake in the middle of your oven for 20-30 minutes, until pastry is golden brown, and the centre of the pie is piping hot.
SERVE & ENJOY
For some top baking tips, pie dish advice & recipes, head here.