SHAMROCK PIE KITA tender jackfruit & rich stout pie kit
What you think
|Typical values||per 100g||per pie|
|of which saturates||4.0||10.2|
|of which sugar||4.4||11.2|
Jackfruit and Irish stout pie filling
Water, Irish stout (17%) (water, barley, roast barley malt extract, hops, yeast, nitrogen), jackfruit (16%), onion, carrot, identity preserved palm oil*, savoury stock powder (yeast extract (yeast extract, salt), salt, onion powder, leek powder, mushroom powder, caramelised sugar powder, flavouring, malted barley, ground black pepper, rapeseed oil, garlic powder, carrot powder, anti-caking agent (calcium silicate)), cornflour, redcurrant jelly (sugar, glucose syrup, water, redcurrant juice from concentrate, gelling agent (pectin), acidity regulators (citric acid, sodium citrate), elderberry concentrate, sunflower oil), prune puree (dried prune, water), tomato paste, Worcester sauce (water, spirit vinegar, sugar, onion, salt, tamarind extract, ginger, garlic, barley malt extract, clove), mushroom stock (mushroom powder, yeast extract (yeast extract, salt), salt, rapeseed oil, onion powder, leek powder, barley malt extract, ground black pepper, ground bay leaf), roasted garlic puree, thyme, polenta, barley malt extract (malted barley, water), rosemary, cracked black pepper.
Pie pastry mix
Wheat Flour (wheat, wheat gluten, calcium, niacin, iron, thiamine), vegetable suet (identity preserved sustainable palm oil*, wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium, iron, niacin, thiamine)), salt, raising agent (sodium bicarbonate).
Poppy seed glaze
Wheat protein, poppy seeds.
For allergens including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold. Also may contain traces of soya.
*Learn more about our certified sustainable, identity preserved palm oil, sourced from one of the world’s most sustainable deforestation-free producers, and our Pies, Planet, People sustainability goals at pieminister.co.uk/sustainability
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6, then empty the filling into your pie dish and set to one side.
2. Pour the pastry mix into a large bowl and mix with 3 tbsp of cold water. Use your hands to form a dough ball.
3. Use a rolling pin (or your hands) to flatten the pastry (approx 6 mm thick). Ensure your flattened pastry is large enough to cover your pie dish.
4. Place the pastry lid on top of your filled pie dish. With your hands or a fork, crimp the pastry onto the rim. If you have any spare pastry, get creative decorating your pie.
5. Mix 1 tbsp of cold water with the glaze & sprinkle mix. Spread mixture onto your pie using a brush or back of a spoon.
6. Make a couple of holes/slashes with a sharp knife in the pastry lid to allow the steam to escape while baking.
7. Bake in the middle of your oven for 20-30 minutes, until pastry is golden brown, and the centre of the pie is piping hot.
SERVE & ENJOY
For some top baking tips, pie dish advice & recipes, head here.